Saturday, November 21, 2009

I'm No Cook

Now, I'm no cook--if I could hire anyone it would be someone to do the cooking in this house. That being said, I just have to post this recipe I got from my daughter. It's one of the easiest, most delicious recipes I've used--and I always get good results. Try it--you won't be disappointed.

Oven Rotisserie Chicken

1 whole fryer (washed and patted dry)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. white pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
one onion--quartered
Mix spices together and rub on chicken and in cavity. Stuff the quartered onion inside chicken cavity. Place in roasting pan and bake for approximately 5 hours at 250 degrees. (May cover if you like less crispy skin). The recipe says to let spices sit on bird overnight but we've never taken the time to do this. Works well with no advance marinating. The meat will fall off the bones--very easy! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Goldie said...

YAY! I'm so proud of you! See, you can cook when you set your mind to it!!!