Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Project


For some time now I have wanted to make a "family photo gallery". I have several old black and white photos of family members--some I can identify--some I cannot. So, after encouragement from my brother Merrill I'm embarking on a new project. Yesterday I ordered Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. I'm going to set myself down at this computer and learn how to scan my old photos, clean them up, do touch-ups, and then print the photos for my own personal gallery. I'm really excited about this and frustrated that I have to wait for the software to arrive (called around town and locally it was double the price). In the meantime, I'm scrounging through old boxes looking for "victims" for my project. The photo I'm posting today is of my father, John Jerome McCracken, taken in Europe during World War II. The original photo is no more than 2X3"--very small. I was surprised to find it and thrilled with the prospect of sharing a larger, cleaner version on my family room wall.

4 comments:

Gwen said...

What a treasured project!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! Maybe you can show me how to run the software next. :) Sariah

Chapmans23 said...

Wow I just love that, you and your family will treasure it always.

Goldie said...

Oh my gosh, that photo is both haunting and charming at the same time. A very serious situation for him, yet the slight smirk on his face gives the impression that he was a very grounded person. Lovely photo--thanks for sharing!