Friday, June 17, 2011

Dreams!


Have you ever wondered if you were in the *starring role* in someone else's dream? Lastnight I dreamt about a person I hardly even know. I dreamt that I found a wad of uncashed welfare checks and food stamps--with not one personal hint as to the original owner. My mind raced through all the things I could do with this windfall. But as the dream progressed I realized the checks would have the "name" of the owner written on them. Namely, Pauline Starr (who knows who that is?). But I did have a "face" to go with the name--at least in my dream. So I spent the entire night trying to track her down. I didn't know where she lived but I knew her mother--could I call her mother? It was after 11:00 p.m. But Pauline would be so worried and would be happy if I woke her mother up, wouldn't she? I can't tell you how disappointed I was to have to return all that money. Maybe I'm watching too much FOX news with all their information on the great government giveaway. Anyway . . . I woke up wondering if like *Pauline*, I ever ended up in someone else's crazy dreams. They say our dreams are a peek into our hidden desires. I don't believe that! I'm pretty sure *Pauline* isn't on food stamps. And I'm pretty darn sure that if I DID find such items I wouldn't plot how to spend them. But I did wonder what I did lastnight in *someone else's dream*.

No comments: