Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Joy oh Joy!

I just got home from my my three-year-old granddaughter's first dance recital. As the mother of a bunch of boys--who has sat through her share of sporting events, I must admit that I really enjoy these recitals. Other than the bleachers being a bit tough on my backside (I decided I needed to create something called the "tooshy-cooshy" for those of us blessed with such a delicate nature), the evening was tons of fun. Kenley is the youngest in her class and naturally was the star of the show. She firmly planted herself on her piece of tape (placed there to mark her spot) and was successful in pushing larger girls off her piece of tape should they have the misfortune to venture onto it. Kenley was in a class of about 12 girls and ONE BOY! Their first dance was to "Old Mac Donald." Naturally, the young boy was dressed as a farmer to which my 6 year old grandson Isaac replied--"Wow--that farmer has 12 chicks". I guess you had to be there--it was hilarious. At the end of the recital Kenley's teacher danced with some of the older girls. Kenley watched the entire dance without moving a muscle. At the end of the performance, with an incredulous look on her face, Kenley said, "I didn't know my teacher could dance!" It was just one of the joys of being a gammie! I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. We had fun. Thanks for coming!