Wednesday, June 03, 2009

The Neighborhood


Moving from a small town with a population of approximately 425 people, to a city with a population of over 50,000 has been a wonderful experience. Occasionally I miss the country (and I especially miss my neighbors and my Aunt Loraine), but for the most part the move has been extremely good for me. Over the weekend I hopped on my little scooter and felt brave enough to travel outside of my "comfort zone"--a.k.a. the immediate neighborhood. I was delighted to learn that if I headed north I was "wahl-lah" right smack, dab, in the heart of country living. On my drive I smelled lilacs in full bloom, cows in full bloom, I got hit with ditch water by an irrigation system, and I again experienced that feeling of freedom that comes only with my time on the scooter. So things haven't changed that much. Now, if I could only get Blake, Lani, Jordan, Kiel, and Loraine up here, I'd be in fine shape!

BTW: Be sure to check out my new blog at
http://ponce-a-time.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Tanielle said...

Glad you are liking the new home! I sure do miss the quiet of Goshen, but the conviences of the city are kind of nice.:-)

Chapmans23 said...

Yes, well I do believe you said you had enough room to just move Blake, Lani, jordan and Kiel into your basement so we will be right up. Wouldn't that be nice if we could? Nothing around here feels right since you moved. Every morning i still get up and look outside and it takes me a moment to realize all of those 6 vehicles are not yours, and it is very upsetting to me.