Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Measure Twice--Buy Once

Well, the Old Duffer and I made the trek to Lava in the "Bubba-Mater" to retrieve my wonderful furniture find. I was so excited to bring the bookcase home and put it in my large, empty family room. One little thing I didn't think about was getting the bookcase into the house and down the basement stairs in one piece. It was just not going to happen. After much thought, discussion, and physical maneuvering, the HUGE bookshelves are now sitting in my little office. I still love them but they're like a pink elephant sitting in this room. Advice to the wise-"er": Always take a measuring tape with you when shopping for that "deal of a lifetime". I still think I would have bought them anyway--handcarved, hardwood imported from Indonesia--BEAUTIFUL!

1 comment:

Goldie said...

Uncle Kevin had made us a built-in bookcase for the house in Highland...it moved with us! LOL! I couldn't give up my bookshelves for anything. Now they sit in the kitchen--not *quite* fitting perfectly, but close enough--and hold Grandma Dorton's cookbook collection, and mine.
I know what you mean about needing shelf space!