Friday, April 24, 2009

Once in a While!

I can't believe how much stuff there is to do when one moves from one address to another. I keep thinking we're about done and another project comes up. Yesterday my brother called and told me of a Bed and Breakfast--Lion's Gate Manor--that was having a furniture sale. Apparently the owner bought a lot of furniture but after he put the beds in the rooms he didn't have room for the elaborate furnishings. His loss--my gain! Gwen and I made the 1 1/2 hour drive to Lava Hot Springs and went shopping. I ended up buying a 6' (7' tall) handcarved, hardwood book shelf for $400.00. That may not sound fantastic, but have you shopped for furniture lately? Yikes! We've been looking for bookshelves since the Old Duffer is an avid reader--I was happy to find them. But now, how do I get them home? That's another problem. As we were leaving they pulled out another coffee table and I bought it as well--$30.00. Hardwood. Nice! Most of the furniture was too formal for my cute little house, but the prices were fantastic. Deal of a lifetime--if I can only get my treasures home!

No comments: