Sunday, April 12, 2009

"The Old Duffer and the Monkey"

This old Gam is not the most patient person in the world. In fact, if you were to call me "driven", that would be most accurate. I get something in my mind and it just will not leave until I get it done.

The Old Duffer I live with is exactly the opposite. His motto? "Why do today what you can do five years from now?" Consequently, I feel that I spend a lot of my time waiting on him. He, on the other hand, spends a lot of time listening to me--let's admit it--NAG! I HATE TO NAG! If I can see the the job needs doing--why can't he? The difference is this: He can see that it needs doing but it just doesn't bother him. I see that it needs doing and it stays with me like a monkey on a cupcake. Think I'll write about it and call it . . .

1 comment:

Goldie said...

My dad is the same way--it must run in the family!!!
Me, if I see something needs to be done, I just do it. No nagging, no fighting, no drama. Just do it. I hate drama.