Thursday, March 12, 2009

Can't find a darn thing!

This moving experience has been great! Except for the fact that I can't find a darn thing. As we were moving in I'd put something away and think, "Now that's the perfect spot for that." Then, when I go looking for it, that "perfect spot" isn't so obvious. I have to look through all of my cupboards to find just one little thing. I'm even moving a few things again as they are just too inconvenient.

This morning I finally ventured out into my back yard which still has two feet of snow in it. (I'm not exaggerating--the steps are two feet tall and the snow comes to the top of the steps.) I have a dreadful fear of falling again, but I felt extremeley brave because the snow was frozen solid. I jammed my shepherd's hook into the snow, filled my bird feeders to capacity, and hung the food out for the little birdies--of which I have seen NONE. I'm just waiting for them to get the news that the diner is 'OPEN FOR BUSINESS.'

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I still don't know where some things are and we've lived here almost 2 years! I hope the birds find you soon.