Friday, March 20, 2009

Neighborhood observations!

I've been in my new house for almost a month now and I'm learning about the neighborhood. As I "work" on the computer this morning I glanced out my front window to observe a mad dash to the bus stop. It was a sight I'm glad I got to witness. I saw a young, and obviously very healthy mother, and her young child running quickly down the street. Within moments the 8 year old from across the street came blasting out the front door and also made a run to catch the bus. I couldn't help but watch to see if they all made it. Sure enough, they did. It may not sound like much, but it helps me to understand the community that I live in. I remember those hectic mornings--shower them, shovel the food in, and shove them out the door. Fortunately my kids could walk to school if they missed the bus--and it happened frequently. It's been fun placing myself in a new situation and meeting new people. I have high hopes for many happy years spent here in our new home. Come see us! We'd love it!

No comments: